Monday, October 1, 2012

Destroy the Icon 1


I loved the movement of the figures circling around each other. I also found that they fit together if put back to back like the continents, so I tried masking the figures and playing with putting them together in different ways. I found that the nurse figure framed the side so well that I wanted to have another copy to have them frame the piece. I used the clone stamp and blending tools to complete the figures when I cut them out.


Later on, I decided to make a tarot-like card using the theme of "The Lovers." To do this, I decided to make the nurses angels using owl wings. I masked one of the wings and desaturated the color out of it to match the black-and-white feel.


I found some random shots of Times Square during the 1940's (the time which "VJ Kiss" was taken- the photo I'm using for this project). I wanted to have a frame like the back and front of most tarot cards do.


Of course I want the actual kiss to be the center of attention, but I still have to "deconstruct" the image itself. I wanted to use a subtle sihouette of the figures using the layers blending options- dissolve.

The end. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment