Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Project 4- Time in 2D

Our next project is supposed to be a narritive, a timeline in sequence. It can portray an opinion or a story. Being a writer, of course I would pick a story rather than an opinion. However, what kind of story and what way of presentation should I use? I would love to create a one-page pop-up book, but that may be a little ambitious. Although puppet warp would be a useful tool, I don't know how to animate things in PhotoShop, nor do I know how to make a high quality movie with sounds and music outside of imovie. However, I have done comics before, and it may be the safest way. I still want to push myself to do the pop-up book though. My influences come from the guild wars 2 trailers on their web site guildwars2.com (videos here). I'm thinking about doing a particular story, a new one I'm working through about a barbarian princess. I'm still undecided though. Here are the stories I had in mind to use.

EDIT: I would like to use more simplistic stories I have written before rather than the stories originally posted. I have a couple in mind, but I'm not sure which one I'll use yet.
I would like to try it in this sketch-like style. This artist has tried to narrate comics before. Viviphyd/Chris Newman
Some of his comics are on this page of his gallery.

I think my best bet would be to create a silent graphic novella. The power of pictures would be able to speak for themselves, and when they do, I feel more emotion. I want to make people pay attention to the atmosphere, not the words that are said or the stereotypical onomatopoeia involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment