Monday, October 1, 2012

Destroy the Icon: Part 2

Here are the scanograms I tried to upload before. I decided to use these objects, a blanket of white faux fur for comfort, a hand-made leather journal for memories, and gemstones I have mined for that extra bit of magic. :3



First I added a lightly colored layer of cool colors. I wanted to stray away from the black and white this time. I used the plain fur scan, rotated it around, and used it to bring out some texture in the colors. I also downloaded a feather brush since I couldn't find good feathers to scan.


Here, I used the other scan, rotated it around, and made it look like the cover of the book was only slightly askew from the image. I added another layer of the center design of the book, the circular element, to try and create a "halo" for the kissing figures.


On this image I was trying to position the "halo" element before dimming it. I started cutting rectangular pieces from different copied layers of the photograph as well as shifting other rectangles around.

These last three layers were of me flattening the image and adjusting the levels with an image adjustment layer until I got what I thought I wanted.



Finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment