Monday, September 10, 2012

Sink Spitter Updates

Sorry these updates have been very slow and jittered. Wait until we get into photoshop! I'm used to documenting progress in photoshop with friends. :3



I finished fitting the scales on the first two segments of snake. I tried to get them to flow with the contours of the round belly and to keep it looking like mesh on a hose. I also filled in the sink with the mesh tool.


Filled in head with mesh tool. CURSES THAT MESH TOOL.




Mr. Teach advised me to try and make the head higher to add in more visual contrast. Still not sure if I want to or not. Just previewing it here. Unfortunately... for some reason I can't get the opacity back to normal... I'll have to fix that somehow. x.x



Here I'm adding the "spit/spray" using the artistic brushes together and varying opacity and shades of white/gray. I had a giant pallette of brushes loaded to test them out from the chalk artistic brush folder to grunge and watercolor.



This piece of crap is a preview of the sand I'm working on in the foreground. I wanted to make a dish rack but that's going to take too long for the detail I want so I'm putting some sand on the counter hopefully to get that "desert" look in the background. This is made ALL in artistic brush, the splattery-dot one. All of this added about 100mb to the file. x.x I wanted to do the "create outlines" thing like you can do for fonts to make things run faster, but for some reason it won't let me...
I'll figure it out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment